Tuesday 19 February 2013

Finally Some Textured Pieces....


My grand plans for playing with texture were side-tracked this last month with family stuff!  Funny how 'life' seems to get in the way of creativity.  I did manage to finish the silver earrings pictured above.  I am really happy with them.  Another first for me (although a fairly simple accomplishment) was making the ear wires to accompany these earrings.  In the past I have always used pre-fabricated ear wires, however I want to start creating earrings with unique ear wires to add to their particular design.  The earrings above are domed and soldered to a flat back plate.  They have been tarnished and brushed. 

A similar technique was used on the bead pictured below.  This bead is a combination of copper and silver.  It was my 'expirimentation' piece so I am not thrilled with it - the design needs a bit of refining.  I will try a few more and incorporate them into some chains. 



No comments:

Post a Comment