Thursday 11 April 2013

Slowly getting back at it....


Slowly, very slowly, I am getting back into the swing of things.  I have had difficulty lately getting motivated to get into my studio / garage - maybe because it's so cold in there!  I have so many ideas floating around in my head and I have to get them out.   So, to get going again I decided to knit.  Above is the length of chain that I spent several days working on.  It is a slow process, but a meditative one.  When knitting with wire it usually takes me about 20 - 30 minutes to knit about an inch in length.  The sterling silver chain above was 19 inches.  Once it was 'drawn' and smoothed out I gained 2 inches on the overall length.  The copper bit on the end will be cut off - this was my starting point.  I do have a plan for this length of chain - but you will have to wait and see what I come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment